Visual Artist and Educator, New York, NY
"Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly" - Frida Kahlo
Jacqui Martinez is a Honduran Artist and Educator, raised in Los Angeles, Pasadena, California. She attained her Bachelors Degree from the University of California Santa Cruz and has her Masters Degree from New York University.
Jacqui has exhibited her work, hosted workshops and has taught at different cities such as Los Angeles, San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Mexico City, Tanzania, Colorado and New York.
Her work has been featured in not only galleries but publications around the country. Her work has been purchased by admirable collectors including Nassir Jones.
Her hopes are to have her work included in more dialogues that spark social change. To have her work contribute to the education of our society.
Note From the Artist:
Thank you for stopping by and checking out my work.
I am grateful for you.
I hope you find inspiration and perspective while exploring my pieces.
I create because I am the most Honest in that space.
I create because it holds all my uncomfortability.
I create cus' its the safest place I know.
I create cus' certain things are bigger them me.
I paint because there is no other way out.
With all my love,
- BA at University of California Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz, CA
- MA at New York University
- Present New York, NY
- Art Culture at 13, New York, NY
- In the Spirit of Gathering Spaces at Seed on Diamond Gallery, Philadelphia
- Para Sol Expo at La Marqueta, New York
- Sonidos de Arte at Camaradas, New York, NY
- The Color Chronicles at Brooklyn Colony, Brooklyn, NY
- Mujerez De Maiz at Tonalli Studio, Los Angeles CA
- One Journey at Rock Rose Gallery, Los Angeles, CA
- Response and Resiliency at Art Space
- Solidarity Beyonce Border at Women of Color Conference, New York
- Reclamation at Poetic Theater, New York
- Resilience at Art of Resilience Gallery- Poetic Theater Producti, New York, NY
- Set Design
- Prop Making